Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mother's little speech book

So today I realized that I really truely am turning into a MOTHER(you notice i dont say MY mother as she and i have a rocky relationship at best).

This evening I got a call from a friend we'll call Ali. Now normally Ali doesn't call me that often but she had called me earlier today returning one of my stalkerish phone calls(mind you we've known each other for 8 years so this is just a joke). Well we had a nice long converstation about nothing really in general yet everything at the same time(again this is just how we operate). Well later this evening I was sitting feeding munch the last of her dinner when my phone started buzzing at me. I looked down to find that Ali was calling me. I answered it to her in tears. I won't go into details as to what had upset her so but I will say that by the end of our conversation she had accused me of hanging out with her mother(who lives 4 states away). Apparently I told her the EXACT same things her mom did when she spoke to her on the phone only moments before calling me.

I mean I know that I have been a mother for almost two years but it always surprises me how many motherly instincts that I have since I had to create my own 'mothers' when I was growing up.

No comments: