Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow days, and books

Why is it that when we are kids, we look forward to snow days with such excitment that when we have them it is too much for us? At what age is it that snow days become the bane of our existance- a day to be reviled as we have others to entertain and none of our precious 'kidless time'? Is it when you graduate from high school? when you are in college? when you have school age children? What about none of the above?

Today our school district(and many others) had a snow day. Now granted I could see the point down south where they got several inches of snow. Up here though our grand total was under 2 inches of snow. The roads had some compact snow but weren't really all that icy nothing that chaining the buses and putting them on snow routes and a 2 hour delay wouldn't of been able to handle. Honestly I think I resented the snow today more than I ever have. See when there is no school it means that my whole family ends up staying home. That SUCKS!

Now don't get me wrong I love seeing the joy in kenzie's eyes when she saw the snow falling lazily out of the sky; but I just cannot stand spending weekdays with the family!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week was marked by another trip to the library to pick up some more reading material. So today I finally got to sit down and read the last book(i still have one more but its the most current book) of the Temperance Brennan series. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love that series. Its suspenseful but not overly so, it has plot twists that you don't see coming, and a cast of characters that you're guaranteed to find someone you identify with. I finished all 40 chapters in less than 4 hours tonight. I cannot wait to get my hands on the first book of the series- Deja Dead.

No comments: