Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sleep and other such things

(written yesterday)

So today I got bored and sat and counted how much little sleep i have really been getting the last week and a half. I figured it out to a total of 20 hours in 11 days I'm sure that SOUNDS like a lot but when you break it down it really isn't. It works out to around 2 hours per night. No wonder I've been so tired. I know that it doesn't help that I am having panic attacks when I lay down and that my neck, and back are constantly sore.

I feel bad for my friends who have been helping me through my panic attacks(i mean who really wants to be woken up at 1:30 in the morning by a hysterical person?). I know that I am lucky to have them though because otherwise I wouldn't even be garnering that 2 hour average of sleep.

I also went to the doctor today and was diagnosed as having a neck sprain and it was while there that I realized how limited my movement has been since the accident. I used to be quite flexible, but I could barely turn my head or bend it anyway other than forward. The doctor ordered that I have some physical therapy pain & torture 1-2 x's a week for 2-8 weeks. She also wants me to take ibuprofen since i have been avoiding taking anything(i'm kind of anti-drug unless it is truely nessacary). So hopefully that will help me out some.

No comments: