Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Furniture P0rn

So today was an exciting day for me, a day which will be forever emblazoned in my mind(for at least 2 or 3 days).

Today is the day I got my first Furniture P0rn catalog, or as it's more commonly known as an IKEA Catalog.

ikea_bro_catalog

Now its not like I've never SEEN one before, but the last time I saw an IKEA catalog, was oh about 7 years ago or so now. My freshman year of high school, in home ec, we did a 'home design' project, with 4 year old IKEA catalogs.

This though is quite different. It is my very own copy to drool over and dog ear(at least until june). It really makes me want to get up off my butt and drive the 70 miles to the nearest IKEA just because(oh and because I am in LOVE with their furniture, especially the futons, I desperately need a futon for more room in my room).

If you haven't experienced the joy that is opening your mailbox(or in my case wandering bleary eyed into the kitchen) and finding an IKEA catalog, I HIGHLY recommend ordering your very own copy(its free.) Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go eat some ice cream and indulge in my 'mothers day treat' of watching 27 Dresses.

See the male in the house has this funny idea that tomorrow I should go muck out the deep stall. HA! Ha! HA! I'd rather get waxed again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah Ikea, I don't know about the UK because I haven't needed to buy any furniture, but in France it's very popular. One of my friend equipped his whole flat with Ikea stuff :p.

So enjoy your prOn catalogue !