Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shelter Stories Sunday's Returns!

Sorry that the SSS has been MIA the last couple weekends. The clinic has been closed; it was closed today but I went in and did some socializing and all around general stuff. I volunteer Sunday afternoon's at The Northwest Organization for Animal Help (NOAH)

Today the featured pet will be a wonderful girl who is rather new to our shelter. She is a Great Pyrenees Mix named Greta. Greta is approximately 3 years old, and weighs in at a measly 100 lbs. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Pyr's and someday will own one(along with about a zillion other breeds).

I came in for my shift and was going to sign in when I caught sight of a GIANT white dog down at the end of the hall; I quickly signed in and then meandered dashed down the hall to see if my eyes had been tricking me. They had not fooled me and that was when I met Greta. She has a heart of gold and big soulful eyes that melt your heart. She was on her way out for a walk on our trail system, so I made a mental note to stop back later after going and visiting some of our other residents. I wandered off visited some of the cats(seeing as I am supposed to be a 'trained' cat socializer) then came back to see if Greta was back. Well I happened to be in luck! She was there- so I let myself in and spent the next hour or so snuggling this wonderful gentle giant.

I swear I am lucky I left without bringing her home. The most demanding she ever became was to gently lay a paw on my leg as if to remind me that "hey! i'm here! pet me? please?!" She is a little shy but would warm up quickly if given the right enviroment I am sure.

Here are some pics I snapped with my camera phone while hanging out with Greta...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh and one I played with a little(and LOVE)

Photobucket
Original

Photobucket
Antique

Photobucket
Black and White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OhMyGosh how beautiful are those photos.

My bullmastiff says YESYESYES git me a little brother or sister :)

MizFit