Friday, February 15, 2008
Fighting The Frump- outdoors style
This weeks Frump Fighters(hosted by the most lovely Fussypants herself); is all about fighting the frump, while still being weather ready! (I promise pictures later)
Now, as most of us know from past posts, I raise some dairy goats. Yet I still find time to interact with the 'publicz' and look good(most of the time) doing so. I have found some quick easy things that make life in the great outdoors easier, and less frumpy(cause seriously rain pants in the grocery store DO NOT fly).
* I have my favorite pair of Tennis shoes that are my 'all around' shoes, but when I discovered I loved them I went and bought ANOTHER pair, for those 'town' runs. Just make sure you keep them seperate!
* Try to have ton's o' baby wipes handy, they can clean up ANY mess.
* ALWAYS! make sure you run a brush through your hair before venturing out into the publicz, they remove all sorts of stray particles, and leave you 'mess free' quickly and easily, I always carry a .50 comb in my purse.
* Keep your publicz jacket seperate from your 'outdoors' jacket when possible. I don't know how many times I have gone to run into the store and than had to shed the warm outer layer as I realized that 'opps! i got my jacket dirty'(around here its a occupational hazard)
* Above all else my most important Outdoor's frump fighting Tip is ALWAYS HAVE YOUR HANDS CLEAN! There is nothing worse than going to grab your venti half caf non fat no foam triple shot mocha with dirty hands, those starbucks gals' give you dirty looks, and really who wants to look gnarly anyways?!