Monday, July 7, 2008

Nothing quite says baseball like....

2 Errors on the same play!

So tonight I went to my first baseball game in about 4 years. I used to be a FANATIC fan(still am a fan just not a fanatic fan), and would watch EVERY game. I at least knew SOMETHING going in(BB's, RBI's, HR, K's, ERA's etc.)


I will just say that tonight's game was AMAZINGLY fun, exciting, and the best time I've had in weeks.

Except for that one crazy play. A man on second, one out, batter's at the plate, 2 balls, 2 strikes. He strikes out. Sounds simple enough right? WRONG! Catcher dropped the ball. 3rd base coach started flagging the guy on 2nd to run, and the guy at home to run as well(the catcher still didn't have the ball), so they start running. Catcher finally comes up with the ball popping up like a jack-in-the-box, throwing to 1st base. Only thing? He was about 5 feet over the 1st basemans' head, into right field. The right fielder is coming in, misses the ball, the ball rolls all the way to the wall. Batter has now rounded second is motoring towards 3rd, and the 3rd base coach is waving him home. Right fielder comes up with the ball and throws home but is beaten by the batter. 2 runs score(and 2 errors). It was truly one of the most interesting plays I have seen in a long time!

We did end up winning(this was just a local single A team). 5 to 3!

No comments: