Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sorry no blogs this weekend was too busy out on the island.

Saturday was an insanely long day. I got up at 6:15 to get ready to go to the Childrens' museum for Hop into spring. I attended last years event and had a BLAST so was thrilled to be re-invited this year. I dragged(literally) Silver along and she loved all the attention she got from all the little kids. The weather could of been a bit nicer but at least we were in a covered, mostly enclosed space, but with the rain outside it made it quite cold in the garage. I was lucky Silver didn't protest spending 2 hours sitting on my lap keeping it warm. After we got done I headed home, and put Kenz down for a nap while I packed our bags for the 'island getaway'(is it really a getaway when you spend the whole time working?)

I always have a blast out on the island and this time was NO exception, between the goat poking, milk test, and our odd sense of humor(seriously we are NUTS) its always a great time. I got to poke and prod kids and figure out my 'short list' of canidates, and I narrowed it down to 2 kids that are already on the ground and am waiting on 2 other does to kid(Mel, and Deux) to see what they toss out. I am really excited because if I get one of these two does I'll be adding another BLACK goat to the herd(3 total). Oh and some spots too!

No comments: