Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A day late

I spent all day yesterday searching for this video that I wanted to share with you all on Veteran's day but of course I couldn't find it.

For me veterans day has a very special place in my heart after my senior year of high school.

I spent a good portion of the year interviewing the older folks in my small community who had been involved in WWII both at home and on the lines.

The other portion of the year was spent studying in depth the Vietnam Conflict. I was truly horrified and appalled at how the soliders were treated upon their return home, and vowed to myself that I wouldn't do the same ever.

So yesterday it should of come as no surprise as I was driving down the road listening to my favorite radio station when this song came on. I actually pulled over to the side of the road, and sat and just took my time to listen to the song in silence.

Granted, yes the video is geared towards Canadians(as the singer is Canadian) but its the message that is more important than that.

What have you done to show your gratefulness to those who defend our shores?

No comments: